Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Almost-Famous Guacamole!

My favorite part of Mexican night? The Guacamole!! I used to make it before fajitas night and have people dig in, with a margarita in their hand, thinking a big batch would be more than enough for them to enjoy prior to dinner, and on top of their fajitas or tacos... so wrong. After 30 minutes of margaritas and nibbling, no more avocado goodness. Once, someone actually grabbed a spoon, took the dish, and starting devouring 1/3 of the bowl (no, they were not drunk), leaving none for everyone else. 
Lesson learned, I make 2 batches now!
Cat's Almost-Famous Guacamole
Mole mole mole

My guacamole isn't the typical recipe most people or restaurants make, it's much simpler. I want the avocado taste to stand out more, so no tomatoes, jalapenos/chili, cumin, whatever you put in it. Rarely I put a few drops of green Tabasco to spice it up a bit. Simplicity is key in my Guacamole.

Here're what I use to make one batch:

4 Ripped Avocados
2 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
1/4 Cup of Onions, finely minced
A Handful of Cilantro, coarsely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

I add my creamy avocados, onion, and garlic in a bowl, then with a fork start mashing it all together to get the desired consistency (you can mix until it's like a paste, but I prefer roughly mashed with some avocado pieces still intact). Then I add all my cilantro, salt and pepper, mix together and you're ready to eat!
I love cilantro so I tend to put a lot, but it's up to you how much you use.




OLE!

-Chef Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment